IX ECPD INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST SCHOOL LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS IN PREVENTION, THERAPY AND REHABILITATION OF ADDICTIVE DISEASES with the main theme ADDICTIVE DISEASES – WORK IN COMMUNITY Kotor, 2 – 4 June 2017
The European Center for Peace and Development University for Peace established by the United Nations, Belgrade - Regional Mediterranean Institute for International Postgraduate Studies and Development Research of ECPD, Podgorica, in the framework of the ECPD International Program of Transfer of Knowledge System, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health of Montenegro, Ministry of Health of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of the Republic of Srpska and South-Eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN), organizes
IX ECPD INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST SCHOOL
LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS IN PREVENTION, THERAPY AND REHABILITATION OF ADDICTIVE DISEASES
with the main theme
ADDICTIVE DISEASES – WORK IN COMMUNITY
(Kotor, 2 – 4 June 2017)
The European Center for Peace and Development UN University for Peace organizes this School with the aim to bring together experts from different fields - physicians, pedagogues, psychologists, lawyers, social workers and other professionals and enable exchange of experience as well as provide the latest knowledge, practical and scientific achievements in the area of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of substance abuse.
Director of the School is Prof. Dr. Slavica Đukić Dejanović, Minister without portfolio in the Government of the Republic of Serbia, and Co-Director of the School is Prof. Dr. Zoran Zoričić, Director of the Croatian Society for Alcoholism and Other Addictions and President of the Croatian Association of Clubs of Treated Alcoholics.
Addictive diseases belong to the group of the most frequent diseases nowadays. Massive research stresses their broad prevalence in the general population, which in some communities reaches epidemic proportions. Alcoholism is the third most common disease, next to cardiovascular and malignant diseases. Drug and tobacco abuse, particularly combined use of more than one substance, represent an increasing problem, especially among the young population. The so-called synthetic drugs, artificially manufactured substances with pharmacological properties which are causing specific effects similar to natural drugs are increasingly used. Addictive diseases directly or indirectly affect all phases of a life cycle of individuals and their families, preventing their functioning in the spheres of personal, family, professional and social life. Society as a whole suffers numerous consequences due to the substance abuse or dependence.
Program of the School
Program of the School includes the following main topics:
(I) Basic characteristics (historical, biological, psychological) of the concept of addictive diseases and other mental problems
(II) Ethical, professional and social significance of implementation of non-institutional procedures in the approach to patients with addictions
(III) Models of sensitization and training of health professionals, related professions and general population from the static to the dynamic concept of addictive disease treatment
(IV) Acquiring the skills in objectivization of the evaluation of addictive disease treatment – Workshops
(V) Similarities and differences in the achieved level of complementary participation of health system and local community in the approach to addictive diseases across South East Europe
List of Lecturers
• Prof. Dr. Slavica Đukić Dejanović, Minister without portfolio in the Government of the Republic of Serbia
• Prof. Dr. Zoran Zoričić, Director of the Croatian Society for Alcoholism and Other Addictions and President of the Croatian Association of Clubs of Treated Alcoholics, Zagreb
• Prof. Dr. Petar Nastasić, University of Belgrade
• Prof. Dr. Boban Mugoša, Director of the Institute of Public Health of Montenegro
• Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Dickov, Head of the Clinic for Addictive Diseases, Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Centre of Vojvodina
• Prim. Dr. Sc. Mira Kovačević, Director of the Special Hospital for Addictive Diseases, and President of the Committee for Prevention and Control of Addictive Diseases of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade
• Prof. Dr. Mirjana Jovanović, Clinic of Psychiatry, Clinical Center of Kragujevac
• Dr. Marina Roganović, Special Hospital of Psychiatry, Kotor
• Ass. Prof. Dr. Nebojša Kavarić, ECPD Regional Coordinator for the Health Programs
School participants who have successfully completed the School program and pass a written test will obtain an internationally valid Certificate of the European Center for Peace and Development of the University for Peace established by the United Nations.
Application Form and Registration Fee
The registration fee for participation in the School is 290 EUR.
European Center for Peace and Development of the University for Peace UN has provided Accommodation for the participants at the Hotel “Cattaro” in Kotor (www.cattarohotel.com, tel: +382 32 311 000) in which the School is going to be held, at reduced prices:
- 97 EUR per day for a single room (night and breakfast)
- 116 EUR for a double room (night and breakfast for two persons)
Accommodation on a half-board basis will be charged additionally 10 EUR and on a full board basis 20 EUR.
You are kindly asked to book accommodation at above Hotel in advance.