The Euopean Center for Peace and Development (ECPD) elaborated several research project for the Government of Montenegro, mostly related to environment and development. The major ones are the following:
Development Trends of Montenegro as an Ecological State
Government of the Republic of Montenegro
Dr. Negoslav P. Ostojić/Prof. dr. Milutin Lješević/Prof. dr. Norman Scott, C.M.G.
During the period 1996-1999, the ECPD was engaged in the elaboration of the research project “Development Trends of Montenegro as an Ecological State”. This project was commissioned by the Montenegrin Government, which also financed its elaboration. The elaboration of the project was managed by the ECPD International Project Council consisting of 15 members: six from Montenegro and Serbia and nine from other countries and international organizations. The working group, which was engaged in the elaboration of this project, was divided in two units:
The core group, which consisted of about 30 renowned experts on individual issues in the field of environmental protection, economic and social development, and
The extended group, which consisted of 50 experts (including 30 members of the core group and 20 additional experts – 7 from Yugoslavia and 13 from other countries).
The project was finalized and delivered to the client in five separate “interim” reports and the final report. It was anticipated that the project should provide a basis for the elaboration of the National Ecological Programme of the Republic of Montenegro under conditions of sustainable development.
In accordance with its previous commitments and additional requirements of the Montenegrin Government, European Center for Peace and Development continues to be engaged in research into the development trends of Montenegro as an ecological state and in the elaboration of the Action Programme for the ecological development of Montenegro. This engagement also includes the elaboration of the Short Study and Review of measures and policies for the implementation of a sustainable development concept.
The Short Study was intended to facilitate the Ministry of Environment to formulate a programme for the Government of Montenegro and define the measures for protection and environmental improvement in Montenegro in a concise way.
The Review of Measures and Policies is to be a brief reminder in the implementation of the Action Programme of the ecological development of Montenegro.
Strategic Scientific Research Projects on “The Capital of Cetinje”
“The Capital of Cetinje - Master Plan – I” - Proposal Project
The Proposed MASTER PLAN of the City of Cetinje, the capital of the former Kingdom of Montenegro, anticipates:
· Principles, aims and directions of the development of Cetinje and its surroundings;
· Far-reaching determination of the effective elaboration of the MASTER PLAN;
· Strategic courses of the realizations of the Plan - priorities of selected branches, economic and social sectors and fields of development;
· Principles and methods of monitoring and realizinf of the general accepted vision of development, etc.
“Strategy of Long-Term Development of Tourism (Economy of Tourism)
in the Area of the CAPITAL OF CETINJE including its surroundings - Projected Tasks
The City of Cetinje, the Capital of the former Kingdom of Montenegro, with its surroundings, overviewing the beautiful Adriatic coast, as well with the view at the peaks of Mount Lovćen offers ideal conditions for development of tourism. Main tasks of this project are to determine:
· The most important conditions for tourism development;
· Major elements needed for the development of contemporary tourism;
· Conditions necessary for project implementation and the like.
· ”The Inclusion of the Republic of Montenegro in Euro-Atlantic Integration
· (MN - EU – NATO) - a Proposal for Project Realization
The European Center for Peace and Development of the University for Peace established by the United Nations proposed and its Regional Mediterranean institute for MPS and Research Development, Podgorica (Montenegro) elaborated a proposal for the implementation of scientific-research projects on the inclusion of the Republic of Montenegro in Euro-Atlantic integration. The aim of the project was to hasten Montenegro's integration into Euro-Atlantic institutions, primarily the European Union and NATO. In that order the following activities were proposed:
· Intensification of information and raising awareness of Euro-Atlantic integration;
· Monitoring and publicizing economic and social development, as well as development of the armed forces and other security institutions, as very important preconditions for accession to the Euro-Atlantic institutions;
· Educational reforms and professional advancement;
· Communication-promotion activities, etc.
In accordance with the Proposal, the Project would be realized by organizing and carrying out various activities, including:
· Publishing a bulletin on the Montenegro prospective, Montenegro-Brussels links etc;
· Tracking massmedia on relevant subject matters;
· Organizing consultatvie meetings, workshops, and/or round table.
· Publishing periodicals and/or final reports and analysis.
· The Project would be realized by prominent scientists and experts from various countries, including Montenegro and the neighbouring states.
· These projects were favourably evaluated by the client's organizations.