ECPD INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST SCHOOL OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AND ACUPUNCTURE Belgrade, 15 May - 09 June 2017
European Center for Peace and Development (ECPD) University for Peace established by the United Nations in cooperation with the Collaborating Center of the World Health Organization for Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture, Institute of Acupuncture of the Chinese Academy of Traditional Medicine, Chinese International Center for Training in Acupuncture Beijing, World Federation of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Beijing, International College for Acupuncture and Electrotherapeutics New York and Institute of Traditional Medicine of the Russian Academy of Sciences Moscow, organizes
ECPD INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST SCHOOL OF
TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AND ACUPUNCTURE
(Belgrade, 15 May - 09 June 2017)
INTEGRAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM is intended for doctors and dentists and harmonized with the education program of the World Health Organization (WHO).
The PROGRAM is managed by Director of the ECPD International School of Traditional Medicine, Academician Prof. Dr. sci. med. Antonije Škokljev.
SCHOOL COUNCIL: Honorary President is Prof. Dr. Yoshiaki Omura, President of the International College for Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics in New York; President Prof. Dr. Deng Liang Yue, President of the World Federation of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Societies, Beijing; Members: Academician Prof. Dr. Antonije Škokljev (ECPD), Prof. Dr. Jovan Mićić (ECPD), Prof. Dr .Zhang Ou, Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center Beijing, Prof. Dr. Zhu Wei, Beijing Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Lecturers are eminent scientists, professors and experts of traditional medicine from China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Serbia.
The ECPD will provide participants with the complete program (theory and practice), translation as well as necessary literature, equipment and tools.
After successfully completed integral program in the duration of 300 classes of theory and practical work, including additional individual practical work under the supervision of the mentor and passed final exam, the European Center for Peace and Development University for Peace established by the United Nations gives participants an internationally valid Diploma that is recognized in all member states of the United Nations.
Tuition for attendance of the Integral Program is EUR 1,800. For attendees who have already completed first Module, tuition is EUR 1,200 and for attendees who have completed first and second Module, tuition is EUR 650. Tuition can be paid in several installments.
ECPD ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
In implementing the strategy “Health for All”, one of primary tasks of the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION (WHO) represents the PROGRAM OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE, adopted in 1991 at the World Health Assembly. Having accepted all resolutions of the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION, Yugoslavia took the obligation to support through its institutions this PROGRAM and its five major areas of actions, defined as priority of the WHO in the area of traditional medicine in the period 1990 – 2010:
· Development of national programs;
· Research of health care systems;
· Clinical and scientific research;
· Education and training;
· Exchange of information.
This PROGRAM is carried out in various parts of Europe by the EUROPEAN CENTER FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT (ECPD) University for Peace established by the United Nations, which places special emphasis on the preservation of human resources for development and conducts comprehensive educational and research activities.
In the field of traditional medicine, ECPD has so far conducted the following actions:
· Signed the Agreement on Cooperation in Educational Postgraduate Activities in the Field of Traditional Medicine between ECPD and Federal Institute for Health Protection and Development Belgrade, based on which the Federal Commission for Traditional Medicine of Yugoslavia was established. ECPD has its representatives in the Commission and partially covers the costs of its work, whereas its tasks are in line with the postulates, resolutions and recommendations of the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION;
· Signed the Agreement on Cooperation in Educational Postgraduate Activities between ECPD and the Faculty of Medicine University of Belgrade and the Agreement between ECPD and Faculty of Medicine University of Novi Sad which refer to the ECPD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL FOR TRAINING IN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AND POSTGRADUATE STUDIES – at specialist, master and doctoral levels in traditional medicine, new technologies in medicine, health economics and organization, health management, etc.;
· Established the ECPD INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM for Biomedical Research and Traditional Medicine, which was introduced in 1988. This Program is carried out in the premises of the INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY of the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade and includes: ECPD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE and ECPD CABINET OF TRADITIONAL MEDICINE.