ECPD SPECIALIST SEMINAR MEDICINAL PLANTS, PHYTOTHERAPY AND AROMATHERAPY Vrnjačka Banja, 02 - 03 December 2016
The European Center for Peace and Development University for Peace established by the United Nations, in the framework of the ECPD International Program of Transfer of Knowledge System, in cooperation with the University of Kragujevac, organizes
ECPD SPECIALIST SEMINAR
MEDICINAL PLANTS, PHYTOTHERAPY AND AROMATHERAPY
(Vrnjačka Banja, 02 - 03 December 2016)
We have the pleasure to invite you to participate in the ECPD Education Seminar, which represents a synthesis of contemporary achievements in phytotherapy, through a multidisiplinary and holistic approach from the aspect of social medicine, traditional nutrition, phytopharmacy, pharmacognosis, clinical branches of medicine, foodprocessing techologies and nutrition, nutritionism and diet respectively, with a view to improving quality of life.
In the framework of the Seminar, a program of continuing medical education for medical doctors, stomatologists, pharmacists and medical nurses, with 11 credits for lecturers and 6 credits for participants, is also included. Accreditation number of the Seminar is A-1-1294/16)
The Director of the CME Course is Prof. Dr. Snežana Cupara, Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Kragujevac, and the Coordinators of the Seminar are Prof. Dr. Anđelka Lazarević, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences in Belgrade and Prof. Dr. Vladimir Jakovljević, Vice-Dean for Education in Integrative Academic Studies in Pharmacy and Continuing Medical Education at the Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Kragujevac.
In the course of the Seminar participants will have the opportunity to gain knowledge on the latest achievements in the field of medicinal plants and their application, practices in pharmacy, medicine, phytotherapy and aromatherapy, as well as cosmetology, and the part of practical educational training will be organised in cooperation with the ECPD International Educational Base, Company „Ljbilje“ Ljubinje.
The following thematic fields are included in the Programme:
1. Self-seeding and grown medicinal herbs – basis for pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry
• Self-seeding (wild) medicinal herbs– standards for harvesting and protection of plant species
• Grown medicinal plants – preparation and principles of planting
2. Principles of Phytotherapy
• Significance of medicinal plants in health protection of the popullation
• Principles and history of Phytotherapy
• Plant-based drugs and review of active matter
• Principles of Phytotherapy and rational phytotherapy
• Plant preparations (herbal drugs, extracts, essential oils)
• Pharmaceutical forms of plant preparations: solution (herbal drops, tonic, syrup), semi-solid forms (gel, cream, ointment) and solid forms (instant tea, tablets, capsules)
3. Principles of Aromatherapy
• Introduction to the history of Aromatherapy
• Principles of essential oil production
• Refining and quality of essential oils
• Application methods
• Profile of the most common essential oils
4. Activities of the Institute for Medicinal Plant Research "Dr Josif Pančić"
5. Preventive and anti-ageing phytotherapy
6. Phytotherapy in oncological, cerebrovascular and other diseases
7. Medicinal plants in Microbiotics and Homeotherapy
• Prof. Dr. Snežana Cupara, , Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Kragujevac
• Prof. Dr. Anđelka Lazarević, Director, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences in Belgrade
• Prof. Dr. Dragoja Radanović, Director, Institute for Medicinal Plant Research "Dr Josif Pančić", faculty of Agriculture, University of Banja Luka
• Prof. Dr. Nebojša Menković, Assistant Director, Institute for Medicinal Plant Research "Dr Josif Pančić", Medical Faculty, University of Niš
• Prof. Dr. Slobodan Milovanović, Head of Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine in Foča, University of East Sarajevo
• Prof. Dr. Ljubica Savčić, Licenced Homeopathic Practitioner, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences in Belgrade
• Slavoljub Tasić, MSc., Institute for Medicinal Plant Research "Dr Josif Pančić" in Belgrade
• Zoran Samardžić, MSc., Institute for Medicinal Plant Research "Dr Josif Pančić" in Belgrade
Participants who have successfully completed the Seminar will obtain an internationally valid Certificate of the European Center for Peace and Development of the University for Peace established by the United Nations, as well as all authorized presentations from lecturers.
Application Form and Participation Fee
The participation fee for the Seminar is EUR 150.