VIII ECPD INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL ON REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PROMOTION AND CARE with the main topic CHALLENGES FOR THE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PROTECTION OF THE BALKAN POPULATION Bečići, 26 – 30 June 2017
The European Center for Peace and Development University for Peace established by the United Nations, Belgrade - Regional Mediterranean Institute for International Postgraduate Studies and Development Research of ECPD, Podgorica, in the framework of the ECPD International Program of Transfer of Knowledge System, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health of Montenegro, Ministry of Health of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of the Republic of Srpska and South-Eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN), organizes
VIII ECPD INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL ON
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PROMOTION AND CARE
with the main topic
CHALLENGES FOR THE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PROTECTION OF THE BALKAN POPULATION
(Bečići, 26 – 30 June 2017)
We have the pleasure to invite you to participate in VIII ECPD International Summer School “Reproductive Health Promotion and Care” (hereinafter: School). Preservation and improvement of reproductive health has special significance in each society, especially in the societies characterized by low birth rates. Therefore, measures for improvement of reproductive health of adolescents, for healthy motherhood and infertility problem solving are significant elements of strategic activities in developed countries with the aim to achieve simple replacement of generations. Particularly significant is the role of some Ministries – Health and Social Welfare, Culture, Education and Sports. The reproductive health care is especially important in those communities where the reproductive model has both contemporary and traditional elements, where early involvement in sexual intercourse and postponed child bearing are a reality, as well as reliance on inefficient contraceptives and widely applied induced termination of pregnancies. Based on the fact that the multi-sector approach to protection of reproductive health brings the most efficient results, the program of the School has been designed so that the participants may be medical doctors (specialists of family medicine, gynecologists, pediatricians, and other specialties), educators, social workers and other profiles of experts engaged in this field.
Director of the School is Prof. Dr. Nenad V. Babić, Medical Faculty, University of Banja Luka, and Co-director is . Prof. Dr. Bojana Berić, Long Island University, New York, USA.
The School Program encompasses the following topics:
• Modern approach to reproductive health
• Reproductive health and sustainable development
• Reproductive health of the population in the countries of South Eastern Europe
• Sexual and reproductive health and human rights
• Declaration of sexual rights
• Gynaecological aspects of sexuality
• Family planning - a modern concept
• Improving the health of pregnant women, woman in labor and newborns
• Medical and legal opportunities and constraints in infertile patients
• Modern contraception in preserving reproductive health and improving the quality of life of women
• Abortion culture in the Balkans
• Protection and improvement of reproductive health in HIV-positive patients - prevention of vertical transmission
• Reproductive health promotion - the concept and strategy
• Promotion and enchantment of reproductive health through the Internet
The program is internationally and nationally accredited.
List of Lecturers
(1) Prof. Dr. Bojana Berić, Associate Professor & Chair, Department of Public Health, School of Health Professions LIU-Brooklyn, New York, USA
(2) Prof. Dr. Ana Mitrović Jovanović, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, President of the Association of Reproductive Health
(3) Prof. dr Vesna Kopitović, Faculty of Medicine, University of Novi Sad
(4) Prof. Dr. Sanja Sibinčić, Medical Faculty, University of Banja Luka
(5) Prof. Dr. Snežana Crnogorac, Gynaecology and Obstetrics Clinic in Podgorica
(6) Dr Sc. Med. Katarina Sedlecki, Mother and Child Health Care Institute of Serbia, Belgrade
(7) Prim. Dr. Vladimir Perendija, Clinical Centre Banja Luka
(8) Prof. Dr. Nenad V. Babić, Medical Faculty, University of Banja Luka
(9) Ass. Prof. Dr. Nebojša Kavarić, ECPD Regional Coordinator for the Health Programs, and Director of the Primary Health Care Center Podgorica
Aim of the School
The primary aim of this ECPD School is to enable participants to acquire knowledge from renowned internationally recognized authorities on the most significant aspects of reproductive health and to use and apply this knowledge and experience most appropriately in practice.
The lectures are held each working day, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The lectures also include specialized workshops and panel discussions.
The participants of the ECPD International Summer School will obtain the course materials necessary for effective attendance of the School. Authorized presentations will be published in Proceedings.
The School participants will receive an internationally valid Certificate issued by the European Center for Peace and Development of the UN University for Peace, together with the Curriculum and detailed plan of the lectures as well as the list of lecturers.
Application Form and Participation Fee
The participation fee for the ECPD International Summer School is 490 EUR.
The School participants are provided accommodation at the Hotel “Splendid” in Bečići (www. montenegrostars.com, tel: +382 33 773 777), at preferential rates. Accommodation on a half-board basis will be charged at the reduced price of 148 EUR per day for a single room and 97 EUR for a double room, per person. We enclose, with the letter of invitation, the form for hotel reservation and recommend you to make your reservation through the ECPD Secretariat.